this winter is a fashion-block!

I'm lucky enough to work at a job where I can dress pretty much however I like. When I first started, I wore whatever I would typically wear to class, whether that was a cardigan and a skirt or a sweatshirt and jeans. Since I started this job when I was 21 and now I'm 24, I've definitely evolved and matured not only in my personality, but also in my fashion. Now, I'd never dare leave the house with wet hair or wear a sweatshirt to my job. Now, I wear skirts or dresses when I can, only defaulting to jeans when it's too cold to expose my legs even with tights covering them..

What I wanted to wear for my first day of work for the semester is the above (except, I have the top in tan and black rather than gray and black), but of course, that day it was about 12 degrees and windy, which ruled out a skirt. Instead, I defaulted to my jeans and a striped sweater. The only extra effort I did make was to pack my flats in my purse and switch off my furry snowboots for them once I was in my office. I plan on doing the same tomorrow, except possibly with a low heel to dress up my look a little more, since it appears to be another sweater and jeans day!

What is your go-to outfit in the winter? Do you have a sweater-and-jeans uniform like I do? Or do you try to keep spicing things up despite the low temperatures? My friend Megan (of princess.hippie.love) is my inspiration for winter fashion. She is all about layers, and never is she afraid to wear tights or forgo a coat (she is crazy!) in the name of style. Next week, my goal is to brave one day of tights so I can finally wear what I really want to wear. I'm so tired of this frigid winter being a fashion-block!

0 comments:

Post a Comment