feel good friday.

I am starting to think of themes for each day of the week to help me come up with fresh ideas for the blog. These won't be set in stone, but it will definitely help to keep my mind moving. For Fridays, I thought about the "friday five" theme that goes around in the blogosphere, but instead I decided I'd like to focus on one thing. Feel Good Friday will focus on one thing that allowed my mind, body, or soul to feel great each week. It could be a material thing, like a beauty product or piece of clothing that makes me look and feel great about myself; it could be a book, article, or meditation that opened my mind; or it could even be a quote, mantra, or thought that I kept with myself all week.

This week on Feel Good Friday, I want to talk about what has been making my body feel great this week. As someone that has been incredibly sedentary in her life, I always found getting into fitness and working out to be intimidating. However, that all changed when I discovered Tone It Up. I had heard about Karena and Katrina and their wonderful community a few times in the past, but only started to really pay attention when I heard about their show and decided to research their program further. What I didn't realize was how huge their community was and how supportive these girls around the world are. If you need any further evidence, check the #TIUTeam tag on Instagram. There are constantly words of encouragement being passed from person to person.


But it still took me until this past Monday to embrace their workouts. So far, I've done three of their workouts (Love Your Total Body, Love Your Arms & Abs, and Love Your Booty) all found in their latest posts on their website. These workouts are killer, especially since I'm pairing them with daily yoga and cardio. I'll admit that sometimes I can't do some of the moves, so I try to alter them to fit my current abilities, and I often can only go through the workout once because I'm so exhausted. But I'm never discouraged. Instead, I'm already seeing that I'm stronger than I thought I was. Also, these girls make their workouts fresh and fun to keep everyone interested. And coming from someone who is nearly bored to tears (although still very much sweating) through her cardio videos, that is incredibly important.

If you haven't checked them out before, do so now! You can be a free member, like myself, to enjoy free work outs, recipes, motivation, and help from the community. There is also a paid membership where you get the nutrition plan and specialties, but at a whopping $150, it's not yet something I could look into. However, if that plateau hits down the line, getting a look into their nutrition plan may not be such a bad idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment