media monday: music & movie edition.

While this is not a theme that will be recurring, at least not one that will be both music and movies each week, I felt like some recommendations, fashion inspiration, reviews/commentary, and more that relate to the media were important to this blog. This week, I decided to combine music and movies because I was too busy to write a lengthy post on anything! Therefore, by combining two, I'm hoping to make up for the lack of words.

First, I'd like to recommend the music by Dena. She is definitely a different sound than I would listen to usually, but I like the contrast between her and the rest of my iTunes library. Even if her songs are really making me long for sunshine or a move to California. (And maybe shopping at flea markets, which is much more attainable for my current bank account.)

My next find is the film "Jeune & Jolie" or "Young & Beautiful" in English. It's a French film, and for those that do not know me, I'm addicted to French films. I have no knowledge of the French language, though it is one of my goals to remedy that little problem so I can stop relying so heavily on subtitles. I recently got a chance to see this film and think it's definitely one to watch for anyone that enjoys foreign films, teenage drama, and prostitution (who doesn't?). Marine Vacth is a force of nature. Run, don't walk to get this film. And by "run," I mean (IL)LEGALLY DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment