fgf: back in the swing of things.

Having a month off from school and work would seem like a Godsend to a lot of people, so never will I complain, but I will admit that I was more than ready to get back into the swing of things. I really enjoy my job; in fact, it is the reason why I'm not looking forward to graduating as much as I probably should be. While I know that there's a possibility that I could stay there for a little while, at least while I'm getting used to being out of school, I know that unfortunately I won't be able to tutor university students forever. The main reason, besides actually finding my job rewarding, that I love my job is the people that I work with. I have been working alongside only two of them for the entire time I've been there (over 3 years now), but each semester, I've accumulated more and more friends. The bittersweet part about that is that each semester more of us graduate. And I'm next.

This past Thursday, we threw my boss a surprise baby shower. Friday was her last day in the office until April. I genuinely felt sad that she wouldn't be around, only reminding me further that even if I don't end up saying goodbye to everyone come May, I will have to someday -- and a lot of my friends there will be graduating in May as well, so there will be goodbyes no matter what. I realize this is a "feel good Friday" post so it should sound more upbeat, but I swear it is!

I love my job. I love the people that I get to work with each day and that we poke our heads into each other's offices to distract each other from being more productive when we have off time. I love that we care enough about each other to bake cupcakes for birthdays and write heartfelt messages on cards for our boss. I love that we are all nerds about the same things (like grammar). So feel good Friday is all about being back with my family at Writing Services. Maybe this is my last few months there, maybe not, but either way, I'm going to enjoy every second. Even those really tough appointments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment